Wednesday 9 July 2014

Investing in the future!

Contract Electronics Manufacturer, EC Electronics is investing in its workforce of the future with training and apprenticeship programmes to ensure its customer and manufacturing services are of a consistently high standard as the company grows.

“Finding the right people with the right knowledge and skills is increasingly difficult and yet it is vital that SMEs like EC Electronics plan for their future and educate and nurture a new generation of engineering and office staff,” said John Simmonds, founder and Chairman of EC Electronics. “By helping young enthusiastic students get on the career ladder and by supporting their ongoing education ensures we have the right skills in-house to support our customers’ needs and foster a loyal team.”

Tom Shadwell with John Simmonds 
at Basingstoke College of Technology
Simmonds commented while attending an awards ceremony at Basingstoke College of Technology where EC Electronics apprentice, Tom Shadwell was named Apprentice of the Year after completing his BTEC level 3 diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering with distinction.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed working at EC and it has played an integral part in realising my goals and achieving the high grade that I did, I look forward to staying on at EC and continuing to be a valued member of the SMT department, whilst studying for my Level 4 diploma,” said Tom Shadwell.

Another success of the EC Electronics training programme is Alex Khawam, who has been working as a marketing intern whilst studying at Southampton University. Following on from his graduation with a degree in History, Alex is being supported by EC through his diploma in marketing with the Chartered Institute of Marketing.

Asked about his time at EC Alex said, “I have enjoyed my time at EC immensely, it has given me some invaluable work experience in the marketing field and it has been a delightful experience. I look forward to the future and helping achieve its goals as well as studying for my diploma in marketing. I am very grateful to have had this opportunity and am willing to work hard to make the most of my time here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment