Friday, September 4, 2015

70 years of service connecting & communicating in processes.

This month (September 2015) marks the 70th Anniversary of the foundation of what is now the Harting Technology Group. Founded by Wilhelm and Marie Harting as “Wilhelm Harting Mechanische Werkstätten” in a 100 square meter hall of a repair workshop in Minden, (D), the company initially made lamps and domestic appliances, but soon diversified and expanded, and in 1950 moved to nearby Espelkamp, the town where it still has its headquarters.
Wilhelm and Marie Harting
From these small beginnings, the company has expanded into a global organisation with a presence on all continents including 12 production sites and 42 sales companies. Today, Harting is not only an industry leader in the fields of electrical, electronic and optical connection, transmission and networking, but is also closely involved in the area of Integrated Industry including RFID, automation software and customised modular solutions for Industry 4.0.
LtoR: Philip F W Harting, Dietmar Harting, Margrit Harting and Maresa Harting-Hertz

It remains a family-run company, with the current management team including Dietmar Harting, the son of the original founders, and his wife Margrit, plus their son Philip F.W. Harting (Senior Vice President Connectivity & Networks and President/General Partner) and daughter Maresa Harting-Hertz (Senior Vice President Finance and Purchasing and President/General Partner).

• In Britain, Harting Ltd. is celebrating its own special anniversary: this subsidiary was set up 35 years ago in October 1980. Today, the company has over 100 employees. The company is recognised as silver "Investors in People" and ISO 9001 and IRIS approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment