Both our web site (established in dial-up internet days of 1994) and these blog-type entries attract between 5000 and 9000 per week from all over the globe. About 30% of these are based in the USA and of the rest about 28% come from Europe (principally France, Norway, Great Britain, Germany, Ireland, Ukraine and Russia) and Asia about 3%. The balance came from the rest of the world including Canada, Central & Latin America, Africa, Australia & New Zealand.
- 1. Energy management technology provider acquired! The acquisition of Soteica Visual Mesa (SVM) will deliver on a number of key objectives of Yokogawa’s Transformation 2017 mid-term business plan: specifically the expansion of Yokogawa’s advanced solution business, focusing on customers and creating new value.
- 2. Natural gas liquids plant orders placed! Yokogawa has received orders from Freeport LNG for its Liquefaction Facility (LQF) and Pre-Treatment Facility (PTF). The total order value is $15M, which currently includes only the first two trains.
- 3. Radar level measurement best practice! The emergence of radar has been an important advance in the level measurement field. Radar represents a cost effective, accurate solution that is immune to density and other process fluid changes as well as most vapour space conditions. This popular article is by Sarah Parker, Applications Manager, Emerson Process Management, Rosemount division makes it to our list each year since 2010!
- 4. MES specialist appoints sales & marketing VP in North America. Werum IT Solutions has appointed Shawn Opatka as Vice President Sales & Marketing there. In this role, Mr. Opatka will direct Werum America’s team of sales and marketing managers, working to ensure that Werum’s best-in-class MES solutions deliver unrivaled customer satisfaction.
- 5. MES business has new leader! James O’Brien has been appointed by Zenith Technologies to lead its manufacturing execution system (MES) business to its next phase of growth. Over the past five years, Zenith Technologies has strategically grown its MES offering globally to meet growing demand for technology-based manufacturing efficiency programs in the life science sector.
All change at Brussell Centraal. Steve Sonnenberg, President Emerson Process Management (pictured right) and Roel VanDoren, their President in Europe, in a joint presentation at their EMEA Users Conference, addressed the changes and challenges facing companies in the 21st Century. “Emerson’s approach – yes equipment, but more importantly perhaps is attitude or culture.”
- 7. New director elected to industrial automation and information company. The board of directors of Rockwell Automation has elected Tom Rosamilia , as a new director. Rosamilia, 55, has been Senior Vice President of IBM Systems since 2013.
- 8. Recognising Irish automation expertise and service! The 34th annual Honours and Awards Ceremony of the Ireland Section of the International Society of Instrumentation (ISA) was held in Cork (IRL). This event is held to acknowledge recognise and encourage excellence for those training or working in the Instrumentation, Systems and Automation sector.
- 9. SCADA portfolio strengthened! SolutionsPT has become distributor for Citect in Ireland and Britain. This new representation will strengthening its SCADA product portfolio. Renowned for the development and application of SCADA and HMI solutions, the Citect brand is owned by Schneider Electric, and its range of products includes CitectSCADA, CitectHMI and CitectHistorian.
- 10. Grant for Thin Film research! World-leading nanoelectronics research centre imec announces that Kris Myny, one of its young scientists, has been awarded an ERC Starting Grant. The grant of 1.5 million euros is earmarked to open up new research horizons in the field of thin-film transistor technology.